Friday, 15 April 2016

DISCIPLINE DESIRED
 
 
INDEPTH REVIEW RECEIVED ON AMAZON.CO.UK

Top Customer Reviews

Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
I began this having just read a most unsatisfactory book about domestic discipline so had little hope it would be any good. I was pleasantly surprised. This was the account of the rapidly failing marriage of Lisa and John. John took the role of managing the home and children while Lisa pursued her career. Now their children are at university, Lisa is very stressed by her job and John is rapidly getting fed up with her unpleasant attitude and the lack of any intimacy between them. It is Lisa who begins to explore domestic discipline. She reads all she can and joins a chat room. Then she takes a day off work and sends John an email with her proposal. From then on the story is about the out working of their DD agreement. Friends and family notice the change as the couple move deeper into such a relationship. I felt that about the mid point of the book the story lost its way a bit. Perhaps the author would have been best to make it much shorter. As it was there had to be things to keep the story going. The arrival of the friend Debbie whose marriage is also failing added several little stories none of which were essential to the main story. The involvement of their adult children was another dimension which I also felt added very little. The device of recording the chat room conversations worked when Lisa was exploring DD and in the early stages but after a while it became tiresome. I found the characters of Lisa and John believable and well drawn. Feminists and the politically correct may disagree but that is patronising. It assumes that a woman cannot have such desires and that is patently untrue and demeans women. Debbie I found to be less convincing and I found her irritating. I did hope that John would spank her but of course he didn't... nasty old me. I also didn't find the student children very convincing at all. Having had student children I simply couldn't credit some of the exchanges. For me the best other character was the 10 year old niece who catches John spanking Lisa. The resulting scenes were priceless. I shall read the other books in the series I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment